3.06.2012

TRIBUTE TO PAUL MOTIAN (1931 - 2011) 12


This album is the twelfth in a series of 15, giving a beautiful view of the career of one of the greatest drummers in jazz

2005 Paul Motian -  I Have the Room Above Her 

"The sum total of the nuanced, elliptical lyricism at the heart of Paul Motian's compositional method can be heard in the opening seconds of "Osmosis Part III," the first track from I Have the Room Above Her. Recorded for ECM -- with producer Manfred Eicher, guitarist Bill Frisell and saxophonist Joe Lovano -- this date is Motian's first as a leader for the label in more than 20 years. This is the same team that recorded the seminal album It Should've Happened a Long Time Ago in 1984. At that time, Lovano and Frisell were just beginning to establish themselves as bandleaders though they" ~ Thom Jurek

Personnel
Paul Motian: drums; Bill Frisell: guitar; Joe Lovano: tenor saxophone.

Track listing
Osmosis Part III
Sketches
Odd Man Out
Shadows
I have the room above her - Hammerstein, Kern
Osmosis part I
Dance
Harmony
The Riot Act
The Bag Man
One In Thre
All compositons by Paul Motian, except as indicated

Disc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on various websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.
I have heard very good things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into
it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!


Take a look at my website; margarita island vacations